Interview or book
Joshua A. Sipper (see info in Press Kit above)
Allegorical science fiction and fantasy writer Joshua A. Sipper, Ph.D. has written several novels, including his latest YA science fiction book, The Tower Quail and non-fiction title Soulbook. He lives in Wetumpka, Alabama (just outside Montgomery).
“Josh Sipper’s writing style is a strength.” —Reagan Rothe, publisher
Josh has taught writing classes at Faulkner University and judged several writing competitions at the university level.
Dr. Joshua A. Sipper began writing early, penning short stories and poems when he was seven years of age. Most of his love for stories springs from sitting among family, listening to tales from eight generations past. Dr. Sipper earned his English degree from Faulkner University in Montgomery, AL where he first formulated his concept for his first novel, Runaway Swimmer. After graduation, Dr. Sipper entered the Air Force, serving honorably for almost five years and completing his M.Ed. at Troy University. After ending his Air Force career, Dr. Sipper pursued his Ph.D. in eLearning at Trident University, completing his eLearning degree in September 2012. Dr. Sipper’s latest novel, The Tower Quail, will be released by publisher, Black Rose Writing, April 24, 2014 and his latest non-fiction book titled Soulbook, will be published by Enwrightened Publications March 24, 2014. Currently, Dr. Sipper is working on the second book of his Durant Trilogy titled Seeking Durant, follow-up to Following Durant. Following Durant is currently under consideration by four literary agencies for representation.
Sample Interview Questions
1. Tell me about your book. How did you come up with that (story, angle, idea)?
2. How did you get interested in writing this particular genre (historical novels, mysteries, sci-fi, children’s books, non-fiction, etc.)?
3. What kind of research did you do for this book?
4. What’s a typical working day like for you? When and where do you write? Do you set a daily writing goal?
5. What is the hardest part of writing for you?
6. What’s the best thing about being an author?
7. What are you working on now?
8. What advice would you give aspiring writers?
9. Do you have any favorite authors or favorite books?
10. What question have you always wanted to be asked in an interview? How would you answer that question?
11. If you were writing a book about your life, what would the title be?
Dr. Sipper is available for speaking engagements, interviews, and other appearances. Please see contact information above to schedule speaking engagements.
Audio Files of Public Speaking from Dr. Sipper.
Soulbook Audio Files