There’s a new book being written at Sipper Books! It’s titled Jesus Works and is and important look at work as it is defined by Jesus and how we can use our work for His service and glory today.
Christians often feel guilty about their work. They wonder if they’re working hard enough or too hard. Some feel that they should leave their career to go into ministry or missions when this might not be the best course of action. Jesus Works deals with these feelings and Jesus’ own view and sanctification of work for His servants.
Work, in American society especially, can be dehumanizing and discouraging. With the current economic, social, and religious upheavals people across all sectors of work experience, Jesus Works offers those who are disenfranchised and overwhelmed within their professions advice and strategies to deal with their negative feelings and experiences.
After completing Jesus Works, readers will:
- Understand Jesus’ view of work in His own life and creation
- Be able to deal with guilt and misunderstandings about Christian work
- See their role in the Kingdom of Heaven and how their work matters
- Examines Jesus’ work in all levels of society: blue collar, white collar, and high level
- Explores how Jesus shares His power with us in His Kingdom at every level
- Identifies the core human needs within and from work and suggests strategies to fulfill those needs
This is a really exciting time! Hopefully, this work will help people to find goodness and service in their work and service for Jesus.